Monday 18 September 2017

SINGLENESS OF MIND

SINGLENESS OF MIND
Whatsoever thine mind can conceive, thine hands can receive.
If you can think it, you can achieve it.
Overtime, this axiom has been modified. Though in different words, they convey same meaning.
It keeps modifying to simplify and explain the wise thoughts of ages past I’m sure.
I have no clear purpose for this article, at least not yet but have this strong feeling that it will be worth both the writer’s and readers’ while.
I hate rules, I hate choices and the fact that man is empowered with the ability to decide, to choose his own fate irrespective of circumstances holds me in awe. What an almost unforgivable contradiction it is that man endowed with choices and decisions still must obey certain rules or laws laid down by other men. I am not trying to be unique or different, I already am- thanks to our fingers and tongue prints for stimulating this thought of individual uniqueness nor am I advocating lawlessness.
So I am fully conscious of the fact that my choices and decisions shape my future, shaped my past and are responsible for the position I am presently at. Imagine if man had no choice, then I might whole-heartedly love the rules that men like me make/made to be followed by men like them. At this stage in my life, I have come to see that men only thrive based on personal codes. These codes stem from individual uniqueness and personal beliefs. I think that at this juncture, I now have a clear picture of the thoughts of this article. It is about a profound gift everyone possess but not everyone can use effectively. This article could have been about the many contradictions I personally have observed in this world most think is imperfect but I leave this thought for another article.
The mind, based on first-hand information can provide needs of physical form. I remember when I was nine years old; I woke up one morning with a strong desire for a workman stereo player. The desire to get this player grew stronger as the second hand on the family’s wall clock ticked that day. I got to a point where I was so sure that I was going to get it that same day. I just knew that I was going to have it despite my penniless state.  I had just N70 on me that day and as at that time, a workman was sold for about N2000. Irrespective of this reality, it did not affect the picture already conceived in my mind about the workman. I felt has though I already had it without entertaining otherwise thoughts and feelings. Prior to this time, I had never read any book or articles or made any research about the mind but I am sure this happened so I could experience and harness the power of my mind.
Lo and behold, before dusk that same day, I was presented a gift by my dad who I hadn’t seen in almost 2 years. You can guess what I found when I opened the gift- a workman customized in my name. Immediately, a hot tear rolled down my cheek in amazement at how gainful it is to maintain singleness of mind. I had just one desire and I conceived it in my mind then believed I will get it irrespective of my hapless state and it happened just like that in one day. I can tell of countless similar stories like when I was healed in one night of a full blown hernia  without drugs or surgery.
I believe the only thing nature respects and obeys is our mind. It has the power to put nature under our feet, to make nature dance to our tunes at will. It is sad that everyone can enjoy this benefit of the mind but not everyone will. 

The mind possesses the power to alter nature without consequences unlike black magic, talisman or voodoo.

No comments: